Garmin Fēnix® 5X Plus Sapphire black with Black Band 010-01989-01 smartwatch
For athletes and outdoor adventurers who want the ultimate in a multisport on-wrist trainer, the ultra-rugged fēnix 5X Plus is here. It's our first fēnix series watch to offer a wrist-based Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor for blood oxygen saturation awareness at high altitudes. Other highlights include routable colour TopoActive Europe maps, wrist heart rate, a music player that lets you store and enjoy up to 500 songs — plus Garmin Pay, our contactless payment solution.
Performance that puts the X in excellence
- Ultimate multisport GPS watch with wrist heart rate technology1 and colour TopoActive Europe maps featuring Trendline™ popularity routing to help you find and follow the best paths
- Wrist-based Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor1 provides awareness of your blood oxygen saturation levels — especially useful when you're adjusting to higher altitudes
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features scratch-resistant domed sapphire lens plus stainless steel or diamond-like carbon (DLC) titanium bezel, and rear case
- Enjoy your favourite music from your watch, wirelessly connected with Bluetooth® headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening2
- Garmin Pay™ ready. The contactless payment solution3 lets you make convenient payments with your watch, so you can leave your cash and cards at home
- Built-in navigation sensors include three-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as multisatellite (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Battery performance:4 up to 20 days in smartwatch mode and 13 hours in GPS mode with music (depending on settings)
Your roadmap to success
Whether you’re in the city or on the trail, all fēnix 5 Plus Series watches provide built-in mapping and navigation features to help keep you oriented and on course. Full-colour TopoActive Europe mapping comes preloaded with map data optimised for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking. For runners and cyclists, the device also features Trendline popularity routing, which uses millions of kilometres of Garmin Connect™ data to help you to run and cycle like locals — wherever you go.
Premium materials, robust performance
Crafted of premium-grade materials, the fēnix 5 Plus Series is available in a variety of finish choices, including PVD-coated stainless steel bezel with treated silicone watch band, or, for those who want the comfort of a lighter weight metal that's 30% stronger than steel, there's a deluxe titanium bezel version with brushed titanium bracelet. On either version, a bright, high-resolution, full-colour transflective Garmin Chroma Display™ with LED backlighting assures great readability in all ambient conditions even under intense sunlight. For added scratch resistance, all fēnix 5X Plus series models incorporate a high-strength domed sapphire lens.
Do better going higher
When the terrain gets steeper and you have some serious climbing ahead, your fēnix 5X Plus has special ascent features that can really help. The ClimbPro widget provides real-time information on current and upcoming climbs. See the climb gradient, distance and elevation gain for each ascent segment as well as a progress marker that shows how much farther you have to go. On strenuous climbs, the watch's Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor provides additional information. This sensor uses light beams to gauge the absorption of haemoglobin in your bloodstream, so you can assess how well your body's oxygen levels are adjusting to the thinner air at higher altitudes.
Improved satellite reception
Every fēnix 5 Plus watch features, in addition to the proven GPS and GLONASS compatibility, Galileo satellite reception, to connect even in the most challenging environments. In addition to map-based guidance, each watch also provides advanced ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensors for situational outdoor awareness. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent for activities such as hiking, while the tilt-compensated three-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing — whether you’re moving or not.
Advanced performance metrics
All fēnix 5 Plus Series watches are packed with sophisticated training features to help monitor your form and performance. Tap into physiological metrics, running dynamics and more to track your workout stats, measure your progress and fine-tune your form. Training status automatically evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you're overtraining, maintaining or peaking. An anaerobic training effect metric helps you see how your training is improving your ability to push the limits. You can also view your overall training load, Special preloaded activity profiles are provided for swimming, running, biking, hiking, skiing, rowing, paddle boarding and more. For added motivation, download advanced workouts and training plans from Garmin Connect.
Wrist-based heart rate
On another upbeat note, Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, the watch uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities. It also measures your heart rate variability to calculate a stress score that helps you assess what level of activity your body is ready for.
The soundtrack for your sport
Got a power song that gets you pumped up for a race or tough workout? Now with fēnix 5X Plus, you can enjoy phone-free listening on the go, with up to 500 songs stored right on your watch. It's easy to download music and queue up your favourites so you can enjoy them anywhere, anytime through wirelessly connected Bluetooth headphones (sold separately). You can even sync your carefully crafted playlists from select music streaming services5 to your watch for more ad-free listening. So leave your phone behind when you head out for a run or a ride, because the music that keeps you moving is right there on your wrist.
Pay with a wave of your hand
To help keep pace with your active lifestyle, fēnix 5X Plus features our Garmin Pay ready contactless payment solution. Use it to pay for purchases so you can breeze through checkout lines while leaving your cash and cards at home. It works just about anywhere there's a scanner for contactless payments.
Stay smartly connected
All fēnix 5 Plus Series models support smart notifications when paired with a compatible device.6 Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch — whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking, GroupTrack7 and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile applications.
Custom apps, watch faces and bands
You can customise any fēnix watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ™ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get apps and widgets for information at a glance. There’s also a wide selection of QuickFit® bands in your choice of premium leather, metal or silicone — so it’s easy to mix and match styles to go with any sport or activity. No tools are required to make the transformation. Just swap, click and go. With Garmin, you can add personality to your watch that’s uniquely you.
Add power data to your training by downloading our Running Power app from the Connect IQ store onto your compatible watch. Developed by Garmin Labs, this app taps into metrics — such as pace, vertical oscillation, grade and even local wind conditions — to determine the amount of power you’re applying to the ground as you run. When you know how much power you’re expending from minute to minute and mile to mile, you’re better able to pace yourself, which can help keep you from tiring out too quickly. The best news? If you already own the right Garmin devices, adding power to your run is free. All you need is a fēnix 5 and one of these accessories: HRM-Run™, HRM-Tri™ or the Running Dynamics Pod. Learn more.
Choose from millions of tracks
You’ll never get bored with your workout playlist when you can change it up anytime. Fēnix 5x Plus is compatible with some of your favourite streaming services — and more are being added all the time. If you have a premium membership to these compatible services, then every track in their massive library is yours to download for offline listening on your watch. Learn more about the streaming services that are currently available. And check back soon to see who we’re adding next to the list.
Try these top-notch headphones
When you’re taking your tunes on the go, make sure you have the right headphones for the job. Fēnix 5x Plus pairs effortlessly with a wide variety of Bluetooth wireless technology-enabled headphones, and we’ve identified some great options for you, including buds that stay firmly in place during your most intense runs and have long-lasting battery life. Click here to learn more about the headphones that will be the perfect match for your new watch.
Lens Material - sapphire crystal
Bezel Material - stainless steel
Case material - fiber-reinforced polymer with metal rear cover
QuickFit™ watch band compatible - included (26 mm)
Strap material - silicone
Physical size - 51 x 51 x 17,5 mm
Weight - 96 g
Water rating - 10 ATM
Display type - sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
Display size - 1.2” (30.4 mm) diameter
Display resolution - 240 x 240 pixels
Battery life - Smartwatch: Up to 20 days, GPS: Up to 32 hours
UltraTrac™ mode: Up to 705 hours
Memory/History - 16 GB
- Bracelet / Strap
- Water Resistance
- 10 ATM (100m)
- Extra Features
- Alarm, Chronograph, Date
- Dial Color
What is VAT?
VAT is a TAX that is applied in all European Union (further EU) countries. When selling internationally there are different VAT rules depending on whether the subject is buying or selling goods or services within or outside the EU. These rules also apply to businesses selling online. WatchExclusive owned by I&M Montres Pvt. Ltd. belongs to this category of business.
VAT-free shopping (0% rate)
VAT does NOT apply for orders shipped to countries outside the European Union (EU) and to NON-EU member countries.
- WatchExclusive uses geolocation software that will determine the customers country's IP address and enable or disable tax-free shopping according to the terms mentioned above.
- If conditions are met, tax-free products prices will be automatically applied and shown. This will be indicated in the Shopping cart and Checkout as "Included Tax Value: 0.00." (see screenshot below).
- If a customer uses VPN services or software to hide the IP address, they must register a new account, with a billing address which fulfills the country requirements mentioned above. Tax-free prices will be displayed after successful registration.
Import duties and local taxes
- Orders shipped outside the EU may be subject to import duties and local taxes which are levied once the package reaches the destination country. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the customer.
- WatchExclusive will provide all necessary documents such as an invoice, customs export declaration, shipping documents and tracking number, to ensure a fast and successful customs clearance.
- Customs policies vary widely from country to country. Therefore, it is recommended for the customer to contact the local customs office for further information.
VAT-free shopping within the EU (B2B)
- VAT is applicable to all orders shipped within the European Union (EU) and will be charged at the rate of 20%.
- EU VAT registered companies may choose to remove the VAT by providing us with their VAT registration number at checkout. (This does not apply to Slovak VAT registered businesses where VAT must be charged.)
EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.